I was driving up to Island Park on Thursday and was awe struck by the view on the way. It made me reflect on a few things. I see the world as an engineer. I see balanced forces, energy transfer, and fracture planes. I still remember when the power went out in New York City, watching the people walk across the Brooklyn Bridge all I could wonder was if the bridge was designed for that many people and whether people were denser than cars. (I think about the same density but I am not sure).
I am also a pseudo scientist. I believe in carbon dating and think Darwin was divinely inspired to devise the theory of evolution. The funny thing about it is that when I see F=MA
I see the plan of the creator. I see laws put into place to create order and provide a framework for the works to come. When I read the theory's of Darwin I see the creation being acted out. Of course the oceans were created first, then the fish, then the animal, and finally humans. This theory of evolution is just explaining the creation to people who do not understand. I love that in the Hebrew bible, and other places, the world was organized from existing matter and not created out of the void. Why is that important? Because we all know energy is not created or destroyed only transferred. See in my opinion, understanding science provides irreconcilable proof of the divine.
I believe this because no matter where you are or what you are doing F=MA, heat always flows from cold to hot, and random chance is not enough to make these things true.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
The Dichotomy Of My Life
Posted by Justin at 7:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment