So today was a big day at work. I will get to why but first would like to explore the emotions involved.

First is fear. The fear started recently. It is fear of the unknown and fear of change. We are about to leap of a precipice where we hope something good will happen but we don't really know. Fear is one of the strongest emotions that a person can
experience. I think it is amazing how much more often we are driven by fear than by hope. Fear of failure, fear of change, fear of success, all of these different fears control the things that we do. It is always easy to travel a road into the unknown, the true challenge comes when the road ends and the future is uncertain. Do you believe in yourself and divine inspiration enough to persevere. Think of Columbus sailing into the unknown, now that is overcoming fear.
Hope started to blossom a couple months ago. Hope for new and better things,
and hope for the possibilities that the future can bring. Hope is a funny thing because usually there is no certainty that the things you hope for will come to pass,

often times there is a large degree of uncertainty, but still we pursue the things we hope for, sometimes to the detriment of the things we have. Imagine how different the world would be if Ben Franklin didn't hope for something different or conversely if Hitler didn't hope for the Aryan nation. Hope is a fickle thing indeed. But I have hope (probably too much to be honest) that tomorrow can always be better than today. Sometimes when there are storm clouds outside and a ray of sun bursts through I always think: This represents hope.
Finally the change. Today I put my notice in at Premier. We are venturing off into the unknown again. Thankfully I have a wonderful partner by my side. With her I always have hope that tomorrow will bring a better world.
0 comments:
Post a Comment